I saw this update from Karalee about how she was doing on her mission to do 25 things before she reached her 25th birthday, and it got me thinking about my own impending quarter-century. I turn 25 three months, just as the summer starts to turn to Autumn, so I decided to make a list of the things I would like to do and/or achieve by then. Some of these are already on the books – I don’t want to make this so hard for myself that I never get around to completing it!
- Go dark-sky star watching – I’m a bit of a nerd (as you may have gathered from my blog!), and I love to star gaze.
- Finish writing a letter to my grandma.
- Finish my red leuchtturm A4 journal – So I can start in my new black Moleskine one on my 25th Birthday – kick off the next quarter of a century on a fresh page!
- Type up all my poems into an ordered state – at the moment quite a lot of my poems are typed up, but there’s still a fair few in various notebook or just on phone. I’d like to get them all into one place.
- Learn how to berimbolo over my left shoulder – this is probably jibberish to most of you, but I do a sport called Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu, and in it there is a move called a berimbolo. Now, I can do this move over my right shoulder, but not over my left, so that’s a goal for the next three months!
- Make use of my new bike.
- Have a dinner party.
- Go out dancing for a night.
- Start posting some of my art on my blog – yes, I do dabble in a wee bit of drawing here and there. I haven’t quite plucked up the courage to put it on my blog yet, however. Also, I’m not sure how to get them in a high-res enough state for my blog because at the moment I just take pictures of the drawings on my phone… any ideas?
- Finish reading: ‘Assassin’s Quest’ – Robin Hobb, ‘A History of Histories’ – J. W. Burrow, ‘The Song of Achilles’ – Madeline Miller, & ‘A History of the World in 100 Objects’ – Neil MacGregor.
- Finish the main Skyrim Questline – Did I mention that I was a geek..?
- Re-read ‘Call Me By Your Name’ and do the series of blog posts I have planned for it.
- Finish my college essays for this year – despite having a full time job, I am also still doing a qualification, and there’s a few things I need to do to get over the line!
- Start using Pinterest more for my blog – you can check out my (rather small) pinterest page here.
- Learn about SEO, and whether it’s a thing I need to be bothered about.
- Finish organising the photos off my old phone – all 5,000+ of them!
- Make a list of meals/recipes I can reliably cook, so I don’t end up getting to 7pm each day and wandering aimlessly into the kitchen thinking about what I should have to eat.
- Get that skirt back on – everyone has one of these. A piece of clothing that they just need to get back on because it used to fit… and now it doesn’t.
- Collage my photos that are currently stuck to the wall behind my bed, so they stop falling off!
- Sort out my wardrobe drawers, and get rid/donate of any items that I shouldn’t still have lying around.
- Spend less time on social media.
- Brush up on my Spanish before my holiday in the Autumn. I used to be alright at it, but not having used it in over a year, I’ve gotten a little rusty!
- Plan my friend’s hen do! – One of my best friends from school is getting married, so we’ve got to have an awesome party to celebrate.
- Watch more movies that I wouldn’t normally pick – I’ve got access to Netflix and Amazon Prime and yet I always seem to end up watching more of the same thing!
- Come to terms with the fact that I would now be in the “old” group on the X-Factor! – This one is supposed to be a joke, but really? I always remember when watching that show, that they’d be the 18-24 category, and then the 25+ category, which was the one that none of the judges wanted! I’m changing age bracket, and with it some of my perspectives, but you know what? It’s going to be great fun.
I’ll do an update at some point during the summer to see how I’m getting on and whether there’s any chance I’ll get these done before I turn 25 in three months time!
If you’ve got any great suggestions about how I might get some of these done, let me know in the comments!