Looking Back at July
- Find new blogging hangouts – I found some new Facebook groups with fellow bloggers, but this is definitely an ongoing project!
- Reach 250 Followers – So it turns out this was too ambitious – but that’s okay. I just wanted to see whether I could get there. I’m currently hovering at the 180 mark, so hey, let’s try for 250 in August, right?
- Have some guest writers – You can check out my post with Jo from The Inquisitive Writer about why libraries really do matter. Turns out we were right on the pulse with this one as we published 24 hours before the whole amazon bookstores replacing public libraries thing blew up on Forbes/Twitter.
- Lose at least 2kg – This has been achieved! Wooo! Still can’t get that skirt back on (see my 25 before 25 to understand what I mean) but at least I’m heading in the right direction!
- Recharge – I feel like I’ve had a chance to do this. I was signed off sick for the whole of July because of my mental health (depression is a bitch!), but I’m definitely on the up again now!
Looking Ahead to August
- More collaboration – I really enjoyed doing my post with Jo in July, and would love to find other bloggers to collaborate with. If your niche is poetry/literature/art/culture then hit me up – I’d love to work with you!
- Reach 250 Followers – shall we try again?
- Learn about reposting – This is something I often see experienced bloggers talking about. They repost content; whether it’s 3 months after they did it first, or 12 hours (in order to hit different time zones). What I don’t want to do though is clutter up my landing page – where all my stuff appears. Anyone have any tips on this front?
- Organise my friend’s birthday presents – September is a busy month for birthdays for me. And an expensive one!
- Train at least four times a week – I train a martial art and I have to admit I’ve let my training slide to sometimes only once a week. This isn’t good enough and I want to get back up to where I was pre-depression/funk.
What are you hoping to achieve in August? Let me know in the comments!