Early this year I posted 25 things I would like to accomplish before I’m 25. One of the things I try and do is hold myself accountable to promises, and one way to do that is to update my lovely readers on where I’ve got up to!
Now that I’ve passed my birthday (did I mention that enough?) – this is the updated list on where I got to, and whether I met all of my challenges (hint – I didn’t).
Go dark-sky star watching– I went dark sky watching at the beginning of August. I wrote a poem about the things I saw. Finish writing a letter to my grandma.
- Finish my red leuchtturm A4 journal – I didn’t quite finish it, but I decided to start the black Moleskine anyway, to start 25 on a fresh page (literally).
- Type up all my poems into an ordered state – at the moment quite a lot of my poems are typed up, but there’s still a fair few in various notebook or just on phone. I’d like to get them all into one place. – Yeah this didn’t happen. I still should do something about that.
- Learn how to berimbolo over my left shoulder – this is probably jibberish to most of you, but I do a sport called Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu, and in it there is a move called a berimbolo. Now, I can do this move over my right shoulder, but not over my left, so that’s a goal for the next three months! – Nope. I did learn how to do a fake-x sweep to an inside heelhook though. Deadly.
- Make use of my new bike. – Pfft. I’ve not bought it yet.
- Have a dinner party. – Nope.
Go out dancing for a night. Start posting some of my art on my blog– I did this! You can check out some of my art over here: The Art Band-Aid Is Coming Off. Finish reading: ‘Assassin’s Quest’ – Robin Hobb, ‘A History of Histories’ – J. W. Burrow, ‘The Song of Achilles’ – Madeline Miller, & ‘A History of the World in 100 Objects’ – Neil MacGregor. Finish the main Skyrim Questline –Did I mention that I was a geek..? Re-read ‘Call Me By Your Name’and do the series of blog posts I have planned for it. – Finished this! You can check out the series of blog posts I did on this here: Part 1, Part 2, Part 3. Finish my college essays for this year– despite having a full time job, I am also still doing a qualification, and there’s a few things I need to do to get over the line! – I’ve actually decided that I’m probably going to quit my college course. It was one of the main reasons I became so depressed. So I’m actually feeling a lot less pressure now that I’ve made that decision. I know plenty of people have disagreed with me and don’t think it’s a good idea, but where I’m at at the moment, it’s just not the right thing for me. Start using Pinterest more for my blog– you can check out my (rather small) pinterest page here. Learn about SEO, and whether it’s a thing I need to be bothered about. – I did learn a bit about it, but I’m not sure I can use it properly on the wordpress plan I’m on. Also it made blogging sound very contrived if you were to take it to the nth degree! Finish organising the photos off my old phone– Done, deleted a lot but also sorted a load. Ended up with about 400 photos of my dog!
- Make a list of meals/recipes I can reliably cook, so I don’t end up getting to 7pm each day and wandering aimlessly into the kitchen thinking about what I should have to eat. – Hahaha no. I still hate cooking for myself.
- Get that skirt back on – everyone has one of these. A piece of clothing that they just need to get back on because it used to fit… and now it doesn’t. – I’m getting there. I weigh less than I did when I started this list, so I’m going in the right direction.
- Collage my photos that are currently stuck to the wall behind my bed, so they stop falling off! – Nearly there! I now have seven photoboards to laminate/hang.
Sort out my wardrobe drawers,and get rid/donate of any items that I shouldn’t still have lying around. Spend less time on social media.I did actually manage to have a five day break from Facebook when I was first signed off sick. It was actually really tough, and I really had to work at my impulse not to check it every couple of minutes. I might try again for longer at some point. Brush up on my Spanishbefore my holiday in the Autumn. I used to be alright at it, but not having used it in over a year, I’ve gotten a little rusty!
- Plan my friend’s hen do! – One of my best friends from school is getting married, so we’ve got to have an awesome party to celebrate. – I need to get on this, but time just seems to have been getting away from me!
Watch more movies that I wouldn’t normally pick– I’ve got access to Netflix and Amazon Prime and yet I always seem to end up watching more of the same thing! Come to terms with the fact that I would now be in the “old” group on the X-Factor!– This one is supposed to be a joke, but really? I always remember when watching that show, that they’d be the 18-24 category, and then the 25+ category, which was the one that none of the judges wanted! I’m changing age bracket, and with it some of my perspectives, but you know what? It’s going to be great fun.
So, I didn’t do too badly, and it means there’s still plenty of things for me to tackle before the end of 2018!